of Complete CV:
Dr. Vantaram has more than twenty years of experience in carrying out environmental impact assessment of major infrastructure development projects including multipurpose water resource facilities like dams and urban/rural water supply schemes, highways, power projects, buildings, industrial estates across the country. He had worked with reputed research institutions, non-governmental organization and consulting firms. He has been involved in a number of multilateral and bilateral sponsored projects and interacted with various government departments and ministries in India and abroad and had considerable experience working in Africa and all over India on various environmental projects. His experience ranges from environmental impact assessment studies (road infrastructure & industrial projects), urban environmental studies, water resources management, natural resource management, occupational health, and air quality studies.
From: April 2004 to till date
Employer: VisionRI Connexion Services Private Limited
Position: Senior Environment and Water Resources Specialist
From: Aug. 2003 to April. 2004
Employer: SOWiL Limited
Position: Senior Consultant (Environment)
From: 1998-to Aug 2003
Employer: Consulting Engineering Services (India) Limited, New Delhi, India.
Position: Deputy General Manager (Departmental Head)
From: 1993 to 1998
Employer: Tata Energy Research Institute, New Delhi, India.
Position: Research Associate
From: 1992 to 1993
Employer: Orissa Industrial Technical Consultancy Organization, Bhubaneswar
From: 1990 to 1992
Employer: University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India.
Position: Research Associate
Details: research project on the work place environment and the health impacts on workers
From: 1990 to 1992
Employer: National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur, India.
Position: Research Fellow
Water Resources Projects
• Uganda Fisheries Development Project, African Development Bank, worked as an Water Resources Specialist (2000 October to December).
• Calcutta Environmental Improvement Project, ADB (Asian Development Bank) TA No. 3089-IND, worked as a Water Resources Specialist for a period of five months (1999 April to Sept).
• Detailed feasibility Report Preparation for the Yellampalli Barrage Project, Department of Irrigation, Government of Andhra Pradesh, June-2002 to July-2003. Environmental Specialist.
• Environmental Impact Assessment Study of Bairabi Dam (80 MW-Hydro Power Project), Government of Mizoram 2002, India Worked as an Environmental Expert
Environmental Health and Sanitation Projects
• Environmental Status of the rivers flowing around Raipur City in the State of Chattisgarh. National River Conservation Directorate, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, New Delhi. Oct 2002 to Mar2003. Environmental Specialist
• Work place environment and its impacts on the workers in the Jhilmil Industrial Area. Delhi, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India. Worked as a Team Member, 1990-1992.
• Health Risks and cost-effective Interventions for Indoor Air Pollution, sponsored by European Commission, Brussels: 1995-1996. Worked as a Project Coordinator.
• Biomass fuel, Indoor Air Pollution and Health (Phase 1B): a Multi-disciplinary, multi-center study, sponsored by Rockefeller Foundation 1994-1995, Worked as a Principal Investigator.
• Biomass fuel, Indoor Air Pollution and Health (Phase 1A): a Multi-disciplinary, multi-center study, sponsored by Rockefeller Foundation 1995-1996. Worked as a Project Coordinator.
• Domestic Environment and Health of Women and Children, sponsored by UNEP, 1997. Worked as a Project Coordinator.
• Marine Environmental Impact Assessment Study for the proposed marine facility at Cuddalore. Sponsored by Nagarjuna Oil Corporation Limited, 1998-1999, Worked as a Project Leader
• Development of Out Harbor/Satellite port at Tuticorin, Tuticorin Port Trust.1998, Worked as an Environmental Expert.
• Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment for Colachel Port, Tamil Nadu Corporation For Industrial Infrastructure Development Limited. 1998, Worked as an Environmental Expert
• Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment for Cuddalore Port, Tamil Nadu Corporation For Industrial Infrastructure Development Limited. 1998, Worked as an Environmental Expert.
Road Widening Projects
• Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment Study for the Tuni-Anakapalli (Road widening) section of the NH -5. Sponsored by National Highway Authority of India. 1998-1999, Worked as an Environmental Expert.
• Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment Study for the Lucknow- Ayodhya (Road widening) section of the NH -28. Sponsored by National Highway Authority (World Bank funded) of India. Worked as an Environmental Expert.
• Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment Study for the proposed Chennai Bypass, National High way Authority of India. 1998, Worked as an Environmental Expert
• Rapid Environmental Impact Assessment Study for the Tuni-Rajahmundry (Road widening) section of the NH -5. Sponsored by National Highway Authority of India. Worked as an Environmental Expert.
• Integrated Rural Development, South West Province, Cameroon, African Development Bank, worked as an Environmental Expert (April to June 2002).
• Natural Resources Accounting of the Upper River of Yamuna Sub- Basin, 1996, sponsored by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India, New Delhi. Worked as a Team Member.
• Study of the environmental sector in India, sponsored by Danish Development Agency (DANIDA) (1996). Worked as a Team Member.
• Development of a Master plan for Kerala tourism, Government of Kerala, Worked as an Environmental Expert, March 2003 to June 2003.
• Environmental Impact Assessment Study for the New Terminal Building at Mumbai International Airport, Airport Authority of India.2001, Worked as an Environmental Expert
• Environmental Study of the proposed Transport Plan for the North Eastern Sector, North Eastern Council, 2000, World Bank. Worked as an Environmental Expert
• Environmental management capacity building for India, Sponsored by World Bank (1996). Worked as an Air Quality Expert.
• The environmental status study of refractory factory, Tata Refractory limited, Belphar, Orrisa, India (1993). Worked as Team Leader.
• Environmental Auditing for Indian Tobacco Company (ITC) Ltd plants at Saharanpur. Sponsored by ITC Ltd, India (1994). Worked as a Project Coordinator.
• Rapid EIA of a 250 MW Thermal power station at Neyveli. Sponsored by Ewbank Preece Ltd., UK (1993). Worked as a Team Member.
• Master Plan for Neyveli Mining Area: Sponsored by Neyveli Lignite Corporation, Neyveli, Tamilnadu (1995). Worked as an Air Quality Expert.
Urban Air Quality Studies
• Air quality survey of the Visakhapatnam City, Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority, Andhra Pradesh.1982-1983, Worked as a Team Member.
• Air quality survey of the Metropolitan City-Hyderabad, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority, 1984-1985 Andhra Pradesh. Worked as a Team Member.
• Area-wide environmental quality management plan for Dhanbad - Bokaro region, sponsored by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (1995). Worked as a Team Member.
• Preparation of New Capital City Development Plan for the City of Raipur, Chattisgarh, Government of Chattisgarh, Environmental Expert, June2002- Dec 2002.
List of Publications:
• Fuel usage in Delhi Slums and exposure to air pollution, S.Saksena, V Ravi Shankar, R. K. Prasad, P.Malhotra, et.al, Bio Energy System, Proceedings of International Conference,1996.
• Effect of PAH compounds on Respiratory function in Rubber Factory workers, Pratibha Gupta, D.K. Banerjee, S.K. Bhargava, Rajani Kaul, and Ravi Shankar, Annal. Natl. Acad. Sci. Vol 29, No. 2: 125-132.
• Effects of pollutants on airway resistance in rubber factory workers, Indoor Environment, 1993, Vol 2,105-110.
• Emission factors and thermal efficiences of cooking biofuels from five countries, S. Gupta, S. Saksena, V.R. Shankar and V. Joshi, Biomass and Bioenergy, 1998, Vol 14 547-559.
• Survey of incidence of respiratory disorders in Delhi, Raj Kumar Prasad, V.Ravi Shankar, and Sumeet Saksena.
• Integrated daily exposure to RSP and CO in Delhi. Raj Kumar Prasad, V.Ravi Shankar, and Sumeet Saksena.